Like most website operators, rovingbooks.com, the website of Roving Books Ltd, collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Roving Books Ltd website visitors use the website. From time to time, rovingbooks.com may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, eg by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Rovingbooks.com also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Rovingbooks.com does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Visitors to rovingbooks.com choose to interact with rovingbooks.com in ways that require rovingbooks.com to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that rovingbooks.com gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you collected through our website as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username, title, date of birth, and the school you go to, your child goes to or you work at.
- Contact Data includes correspondence address, billing address, shipping address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of the services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and our services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
In each case, rovingbooks.com collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with rovingbooks.com. Rovingbooks.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities, like purchasing.
All of the information that is collected on the rovingbooks.com website will be handled in accordance with GDPR legislation.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Rovingbooks.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those project administrators, employees, contractors, and affiliated organisations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on behalf of rovingbooks.com or to provide services available through rovingbooks.com, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors, and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using rovingbooks.com.org, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Rovingbooks.com will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to project administrators, employees, contractors, and affiliated organisations, as described above, rovingbooks.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, if you give permission to have your information shared, or when rovingbooks.com believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of rovingbooks.com, third parties, or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of a rovingbooks.com website and have supplied your email address, rovingbooks.com may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with rovingbooks.com and our products. We primarily use our website to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you send us a request (for example, via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users. Rovingbooks.com takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Use of Personal Information
We use the information you provide, to register for an account, attend our events, receive newsletters, use certain other services, or participate in the rovingbooks.com in any other way.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so.
We would like to send you email marketing communication, which may be of interest to you, from time to time. If you have consented to marketing, you may opt out later.
You have a right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Legal Grounds for Processing Personal Information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you;
- explicit consent that you have given;
- legal obligations.
Access to Data
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please follow the instructions at the end of this section.
Rovingbooks.com user accounts can be edited by following these steps:
- Visit https://wp.rovingbooks.com/, and enter your username and password.
- Click on “My Account”
If you would like to request access to your account data, please email email@example.com.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a customer requests that we delete that information from our live systems. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you, so that we may honour your request.
Rovingbooks.com will not delete personal data from logs or records necessary to the operation, development, or archives of the rovingbooks.com for legal purposes and are retained for seven years after the close of the calendar year’s audit, by instruction of our financial consultants (auditors and bookkeepers).
Rights in Relation to Your Information
You may have certain rights under data protection law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or independently correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you from live systems, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information (for information on deletion from archives, see the “Retention of Personal Information” section);
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent that such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights, or understand if these rights apply to you, please follow the instructions at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Third Party Links